I would’ve written yesterday but I didn’t get home until pretty late and had to head to bed so I’ll just write now.
School has been good so far this week. Every time I think something is going to go wrong in one of my classes, it ends up straightening out and surprises me. For example, in my TBE (Telecommunications and Business Education: fancier name for Computer Literacy) class, we took what’s called a production test last week. With the production test, you have to edit a word document based on a set of instructions that are given to you. Apparently my teacher didn’t write these instructions, so I can’t really blame her for the test being poorly written. But she still reminds me of one of those grandmothers whose grandkids are forced to go see and the grandkids hate them because they just stare at the kids and won’t give them cookies and smell funny. Anyway, not only did I find that typo in the production test, but a couple of the instructions in the test were wrong and everyone in class missed points for them. When we brought this to the attention of our teacher, she told us she’ll give us the points back but that we should’ve known better anyways. Yeah, uh, I know that you’re supposed to double space footnotes when you’re doing MLA format, but the instructions for the test said to enter a SINGLE SPACED FOOTNOTE. Why would I go against what the instructions FOR A TEST said? I’m glad we’re at least getting points back because the test was written wrong and it wasn’t our fault. When I get my points back, that means I got 100%. Sweeeet.
In my Painting class, we’ve started doing self-portraits. We were given mirrors to set up next to our canvas so we can look at ourselves while painting. It’s funny what goes through your mind… At first I couldn’t stop obsessing about how my hair looked and awkward I felt staring at myself. Eventually those nagging impulses went away and I started to see the different shapes of colors and features on my face as I tried to paint them on canvas. He had us start with a limited pallet at first so we don’t get too overwhelmed, then when we come back the next class we can add more colors. I’m so excited to see everyone’s self-portraits J I thought I was going to be in school until later tonight but I finished my assignment for 2D-Design early and was sent home. Since the assignment isn’t due until next week, I don’t have to go to that class until then because we’re working on them in class. I love surprises like this! It reminds me that this semester isn’t too good to be true. It’s just plain and simple good and I need to quit worrying.
With the art classes at college, instead of being told what books you need to get, you are instructed to buy an art kit at the bookstore which has all the supplies you’ll need for the semester. I wish they’d be more honest about the supplies you need because so far I’ve bought over $20 worth of things for each class that weren’t included in my kit. And it’s only been 5 weeks so far this semester… Why would we even need an art kit if we’re going to keep buying things throughout the semester? It’s so sneaky to me. College can be a pain in the ass and the wallet.
Things are going super I suppose. I have been feeling bothered the past couple days, but I think that’ll blow over eventually. I’m trying to stay positive about everything and so far it is working great but of course things still leak through my positive-super-hero-shield and knock me down. Life goes on even if it makes me want to give up sometimes. Well I’m going to go rest before going on a walk. I’ll write more tomorrow. Thanks for reading J
Pictuuuure:
![]() |
| There's just something hilarious about this picture.. Oh man it's so weird. |

No comments:
Post a Comment