Writing about all this weird stuff is starting to make me feel better about it. I have been trying very hard to keep it hidden, even to myself. So writing about it has really helped me realize it’s a serious part of me and that I’ve conquered it for the most part.
I’ve been wondering if I’ll ever be able to handle stress or anger ‘normally.’ Was there ever a point in my life before I started self-harming when I knew how to handle stress or anger without wanting to literally cut it out of me? I have an early memory of standing in my room and looking in the mirror on top of my white dresser. I don’t remember if I was angry at someone or upset but I remember staring at my face and scratching a spot on my cheek. I kept scratching and scratching until a big sore was born on my cheek. I remember feeling a sense of relief when I had made it through my skin. Where did I learn to do that? How did I know that it would help me feel better? So when I started self-harming in junior high, was that actually the first time I discovered how much it helps me or did I already know? And if it’s been a part of my reasoning for so long, could I ever unlearn it? Even though I’ve been going the past few months without self-harming, this is the first time that I’ve really realized how much I miss it. I miss having the routine. I miss having absolute complete control over something at all times. I miss everything about it. This is so frustrating. But then again, it has made me who I am and I truly have no regrets. I am glad to have made it this far out of the hole that I fell into.
Well this blog is going to be short. I’m going to write more later – I’m watching Dexter right now and it’s hard to write while watching haha. Thanks for reading.
Picture:
![]() |
| Found on the internet somewhere. SO CUTE and STRANGE |

No comments:
Post a Comment